Sunday, April 23, 2017

Tears escaped me




I read the script, it called for tears by a river 
overflowing it's banks. It had me clutching 
an old and worn and sodden teddy bear. 

It is an opening scene with little context 
given--all I had to do was cry, but tears 
escaped me. 

There was no mention of a drowning to 
make it easy, or anything, even after the 
scene--to places I flipped ahead there was 
no explanation for that frame of mind I 
was in, only a vague look of sorrow that 
always stayed close. 

There were little flashbacks throughout, 
where the audience would see another 
angle here, another angle there: a shot 
below water staring up at you, another 
of a random deer with ears up like it 
just heard someone, but there was nothing 
definite, some clues contradicting. 

I spoke in protest to this scene and its 
lack of meaning, but my only reply was 
cold water seeping into shoe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment